2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser temporarily or permanently on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit. A cookie allows the server to recognize the User’s computer. Some cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website, others help to improve the user experience.
Cookies can be divided according to their lifespan, origin and function.
- Session cookies also called Non-Persistent Cookies or Temporary Cookies, are stored in memory and never written to the disk. Session cookies remain active as long as the browser remains active – once the browser is closed, the cookies vanish.
- Persistent cookies are stored on a user’s device to help remember information, settings, preferences, or sign-on credentials that a user has previously saved. This helps create a convenient and faster website experience. These cookies have an expiration date issued to it by the webserver. Basically, this type of cookie is saved on your computer so when you close it and start it up again, the cookie is still there. Once the expiration date is reached, it is destroyed by the owner. Persistent cookies track visitors as they move around the website to figure out what people like about the website to help improve the user experience. The most popular persistent cookie is a Google Analytics cookie.
Wat de herkomst van cookies betreft, wordt een onderscheid gemaakt tussen:
- First party cookiesare directly stored by the website (or domain) you visit. These cookies allow website owners to collect analytics data, remember language settings, and perform other useful functions that provide a good user experience.
An example of a first-party cookie is when a user signs into an ecommerce website, like Amazon. The web browser will send a request in a process that provides the highest level of trust that the user is directly interacting with Amazon. The web browser saves this data file to the user’s computer, under the “amazon.com” domain. If first-party cookies were blocked, a user would have to sign-in every time they visited, and they wouldn’t be able to purchase multiple items while shopping online because the cart would reset after every item that was added.
- Third-party cookies are created by domains that are not the website (or domain) that you are visiting. These are usually used for online-advertising purposes and placed on a website through a script or tag. A third-party cookie is accessible on any website that loads the third-party server’s code.
Similar to the previous example, third-party cookies work when a user shops on Amazon. They might browse a couple of items and spend some time on the product pages. When the user decides to only purchase one item, the brown hat over the brown shoes, they may later receive emails and other ads for the brown shoes they looked at but never purchased. Even if the user closes their browser and ends the session, that tracking data will still be on their computer.
- Strictly necessary cookies are classified as cookies that must be present for the website to provide the basic functions of the website. They are essential to be able to access features of the website and could include signing in, adding items to a cart, or e-billing. They are typically essential first-party session cookies, but not all first-party cookies are strictly necessary cookies. They allow for a user to navigate back and forth between pages without losing their previous actions from the same session. Strictly necessary cookies are the only cookies that all cookie laws allow to be exempt from requiring user consent. Since these cookies are necessary for the functionality of a website, website owners do not have to get consent from the user to place strictly necessary cookies on their devices.
- Non-essential cookies are not necessary for the functioning of the website but do help us to offer an improved and personalized website.
- Performance cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Analytical cookies give us insight into how (often) our website is used, what information visitors are looking for and which pages are visited the most, in short analytical cookies are used to keep track of visitor statistics. This allows us to know which website components are popular and where we can improve our website. We continuously analyse and improve the website to make the experience as pleasant and user-friendly as possible for visitors. The cookies do not contain any information that allows us to identify a person. They have hardly any impact on your privacy as the collected information is stored anonymously. Thanks to IP anonymization (or IP-masking) the use of our Analytical Cookies is completely according to the GDPR rules. In addition, we always try to run the Google Analytics code on our own website so no data is sent to the Google servers. These analytical cookies are purely for our own use, are never linked to other databases and are not shared with third parties.
We also use these data for our advertising campaigns on third-party websites.
4. How long are cookies stored?
As soon as you log in, we will save some cookies in connection with your login information and screen display options. Login cookies are valid for 2 days and cookies for screen display options are 1 year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will be saved for 2 weeks. As soon as you log out of your account, login cookies are removed.
5. Cookies placed
Manage your preferences
Des pixels ont été installés sur notre site. Ils suivent le comportement online de l’utilisateur qui surfe sur notre site internet ou qui lit un e-mail. Les pixels sont utilisés à des fins de retargeting par des technologies tierces (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google AdWords, Hubspot …). Ils nous permettent de proposer des offres intéressantes à nos utilisateurs, ainsi que de faire de la publicité pour nos services via Google ou les médias sociaux. Si vous ne souhaitez pas recevoir ces offres ou cette publicité, il vous est loisible de surfer au départ d’une fenêtre incognito ou de vous désinscrire des médias sociaux en question.
7. Médias sociaux
JaJa utilise les plug-ins de Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest et Issuu pour intégrer ces médias sociaux sur notre site. Ils vous permettent de partager aisément un article depuis votre compte. Les médias sociaux peuvent implanter des cookies et collecter des informations via notre site. À cet égard, nous vous conseillons de consulter les conditions générales de ces tiers sur leur site internet respectif.
9. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
If you don’t want websites to place cookies on your computer at all, you can adjust the settings of your browser so that you receive a warning before cookies are placed. You can also adjust the settings so that your browser rejects all cookies or only third-party cookies. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed. Note that you must adjust the settings separately for each browser and computer that you use.
Please be aware that if you do not want cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our website works completely properly. Some features of the site may be lost or even you may not be able to see certain websites at all. In addition, refusing cookies or enabling ‘do not track’ does not mean that you will no longer see ads. The ads are no longer tailored to your interests and are repeated more often. How to adjust your settings varies by browser.
10. Selling data to third parties
We never sell your data to third parties.
Jansen & Janssen bv
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +32 9 267 64 60